Welcome to Ligon GT Magnet Middle School where our approximately 800 students have the opportunity to take award-winning instruction in visual art, dance, drama, stagecraft, and vocal and instrumental music.
To help these programs shine, Ligon Arts Boosters, or LAB, was founded in 1983 to advocate for the arts at Ligon and provide additional funding to the teachers and to the school.
In the past few years, LAB funded ALL of these incredible projects:
- $1000 annually for each teacher to use for art supplies, costumes, and dance shoes, make instrument repairs and bring in visiting specialists
- $500 each for Chorus, Band and Orchestra to purchase music
- $200 annually provided to each teacher for professional development
- New bluetooth speakers for the dance studios
- New speakers for the auditorium
- Scholarships to make sure trips are available to all students
- $1850 towards the spring musical production
- New color printer and light box for Visual Arts
And this is just to name a few! We can’t do any of this without you and your support. You can help by becoming an active volunteer for the arts and by making a $35 dollar donation to LAB to become a member, or even consider giving at higher level to become a Friend of the Arts.