Will your child take an arts class this year?
Ligon’s nine arts teachers instruct approximately 800 students each quarter, offering a variety of classes in visual art, dance, drama, stagecraft, and vocal and instrumental music. These top-quality educational experiences come at a cost far beyond what Wake County funds. Each year Ligon Arts Boosters (LAB) raises $20,000 to buy art supplies, sheet music, instruments, costumes, sets and scripts, and pay performance royalties to support arts education and opportunities at Ligon.
Here’s how LAB plans to raise money in 2018-19:
- “Pass the Hat” at arts performances for which no admission is charged
- Third Annual Winter Silent Auction
- Encourage families that participate in the arts at Ligon to support LAB as a Friend of the Arts with a $100 donation or Member with a $25 donation.
- Playbill and Website Ads. Please encourage local business contacts or employers to give.
- The link for sponsorships is here.
In addition to financial support of arts programs, LAB needs volunteers throughout the year for ongoing and single-event positions. These roles include, but are not limited to:
- Board Members: Join the team and help us make Ligon Arts incredible!
- Fundraising Helpers: Silent auction, pass-the-hat, fundraising meals.
- Work-day Volunteers: Help arts teachers clean and organize, etc. on a Saturday
- Teacher/family Liaison: Help teachers communicate with arts families