Welcome to Ligon GT Magnet Middle School where we have 9 incredible arts teachers who instruct approximately 800 students each quarter, offering classes in visual art, dance, drama, stagecraft and vocal and instrumental music.
But I bet you know that! And I bet it is a reason that you have chosen to have your child attend the most exciting middle school in Wake County!
As parents and Ligon teachers, we want to do everything possible to see these arts programs and the students shine. That is why we have the Ligon Arts Boosters, or LAB, to advocate for the arts at Ligon and provide additional funding to the teachers and to the school
Just last year LAB was able to use funds donated by LAB supporters to help the arts by funding ALL of these incredible projects:
- New color printer for Visual Arts
- New light box for Visual Arts
- $500 each for Chorus, Band and Orchestra to purchase music
- $200 provided to each teacher for professional development
- New bluetooth speakers for the dance studios
- New speakers for the auditorium
- Security for each of the concerts and performances
- Scholarships to make sure trips are available to all students that wish to participate
- New microphones for Theater
- $1850 towards the spring musical production
- $1000 for each teachers to use for art supplies, costumes, and dance shoes, make instrument repairs and bring in visiting specialists.
- Produce and print the Playbill to showcase the amazing students, teachers and programs happening at Ligon
But we cannot do any of this without you and your support! You can help by becoming an active volunteer for the arts and by making a $35 dollar donation to LAB to become a member, or even consider giving at the higher Friend of the Arts levels $100/$200/$300.